Enjoy Fast Delivery When You Buy Honda Ridgeline Spark Plugs
If it’s time to replace your Honda Ridgeline spark plugs, then trust All Discount Parts to have the components you need at wholesale prices. We have a full inventory of genuine OEM parts and accessories for the Ridgeline trucks, including Honda Ridgeline spark plugs and more. Read on to discover some helpful information about your vehicle’s spark plugs.
When Should I Replace My Spark Plugs, and What Is the Best Kind to Buy?
Ensuring that your spark plugs are properly maintained is essential to the safety, health, and performance of your vehicle. Most experts agree that spark plugs can last anywhere between 30,000-60,000 miles, but this can vary depending upon the way you drive the vehicle, whether genuine Honda spark plugs were used, and other factors.
However, there are some common signs that will give you a good idea of when your Honda Ridgeline replacement spark plugs should be changed. Excessive engine vibration or loud noises when your vehicle is idling, as well as jumpy or jerky driving response, are all a good indication that something is amiss. Other signs are decreased acceleration or decreasing fuel efficiency over time. Either way, checking your plugs every 30,000 miles is a good way to keep track of their health.
If you need Honda Ridgeline replacement spark plugs, choose the Ridgeline model and year on the All Discount Parts inventory page, and the right replacement plugs will be displayed for you.
How Do I Replace My Honda Ridgeline Spark Plugs?
Before you decided to change out your bad plugs, only individuals with professional automotive skills should undertake spark plug maintenance. If you’re experienced, the process is fairly simple as long as you have the proper tools, space, and safety gear. If you’re equipped to take on this challenge, here are the basic steps:
- Wait until the engine is cool – don’t start any work under the hood until the engine has cooled off as a safety precaution.
- Locate plug – Spark plugs can be found under plug covers, which can be found at the end of the wires that connect them to the engine.
- Mark the order of the plugs – It’s important to know where each plug goes and what plug cover attaches to it to ensure proper cylinder firing.
- Remove the wires – You can do this with a special tool to avoid damaging the wires. Use masking tape to number each one to keep them in the right order.
- Remove the plug – Using a special socket which you attach to the extender, cautiously take out the spark plug. You should then examine it for damage such as corrosion and discoloring.
- Other maintenance – Take a moment to clean the wire threads around the spark plug terminals if you have proper training to do so.
- Put the plugs in – Being careful to make sure that each plug has the proper gap, use your specialty socket to insert each new plug in its socket without cross-threading them. You should tighten them with the socket about 1/8 of a turn.
- Replace the plug wires – Make sure the wires are in the right order and securely put them back in place, removing the masking tape at the end.
Order Your Honda Ridgeline Replacement Spark Plugs Now
We’ll make the process of purchasing your Honda replacement spark plugs as quick and easy as possible. You can contact us with questions about your Honda Ridgeline replacement spark plugs online, or give us a call about your order at 800-651-4832. We’ll be happy to help you out.