Order Your Honda Insight Replacement Brakes from All Discount Parts Today
The Honda Insight is a respectable hybrid that was designed as an ideal commuter vehicle. Unfortunately, stop and go traffic can take its toll on your Insight’s brakes, necessitating more frequent replacements of essential components. At All Discount Parts, we have the Honda Insight replacement brakes you need, regardless of model or year. Best of all, we can ship them directly to your home or business at an affordable price.
The Most Important Parts of Your Honda Insight’s Braking System
Knowing how your brakes work is essential to keeping them in top working order. Your brake system is composed of four main parts:
- Hydraulic Lines – The brake lines are small hoses that carry hydraulic fluid from the master cylinder to the brake calipers. Frequent visual inspections are recommended to check for signs of leakage and rust.
- Calipers – The calipers force the pads into the brake rotors, creating the drag, which slows down your vehicle. Calipers should last 30,000 – 50,000 miles, but experts advise frequent checks for signs of fluid seepage.
- Pads – Attached to your calipers are the brake pads. These pads are subject to the most wear and tear since they are forced against the brake rotors to slow the vehicle. Depending on driving conditions, brake pads should be replaced after 30,000 – 50,000 miles.
- Rotors – To stop your vehicle, the brake pads are pressed into a machined disc, which is mounted to the wheel. This disc is called the brake rotor and can be expected to last 20,000 – 70,000 miles with typical city driving.
Why Buy OEM Parts Instead of Aftermarket Brands?
It’s often said that you get what you pay for, and nowhere is that more true than when purchasing brake system components. Cheap aftermarket parts are often made of low quality materials, causing them to wear faster and leaving you at risk for brake failure.
Other reasons to choose OEM parts first include:
- Quality – OEM replacement parts maintain the value of your car because they have the same quality as original factory parts.
- Durability – OEM parts are machined to last, which will save you money and time down the road.
- Warranty – OEM brake components come with extra quality assurance, since they carry 12-month/12,000 mile warranty to protect against any defects.
Find Your Honda Replacement Brakes at All Discount Parts
When it’s time to replace your Honda Insight brakes, rely on All Discount Parts. Contact our experts online or by phone at (800) 651-4832 to order your Honda replacement parts today.