All Discount Parts is Your Trusted Source for Honda Accord Replacement Brakes
The Honda Accord is a maneuverable sedan that is designed with urban roads in mind. As sedans see frequent stop-and-go traffic, they tend to wear through brakes, so it’s especially important to know how your brakes work and what signs of wear to detect for. If you suspect you need to replace a part, but aren’t certain as to which one, read our guide below. Then choose All Discount Parts. We carry OEM Honda Accord replacement brakes for every generation in the model’s 30 year run. We also carry all of the Honda brakes for every other model and can ship them to your door within days.
The Major Components of Your Honda Accord Brakes
Your Honda Accord Brake system is designed to keep you and your family safe. To ensure your brakes are in good health, it is first important to have a general idea of how they function.
Your Honda Accord brakes are composed of four main parts:
- Brake Lines – The brake lines are small hoses that carry hydraulic fluid to your calipers. The force of the fluid causes your calipers to move. Depending upon their construction, they should be checked frequently for signs of degradation, leaking, or rust.
- Brake Calipers – Your calipers grip and move your brake pads into your rotors to create the friction that causes the vehicle to stop. Calipers should be checked regularly for signs of fluid leakage and replaced every 30,000 – 50,000 miles.
- Brake Pads – The brake pads are mounted on the calipers, which press them into your rotors to make the vehicle stop. As they wear down, they begin to squeal and grind. Depending on driving conditions, pad material, and driving style, you can expect your brake pads to last 30,000 – 70,000 miles.
- Rotors – The rotor is the disc mounted to the vehicle’s wheel. When the brake pads are pressed against the rotor, the force will slow the wheel, causing the vehicle to stop. Depending upon driving conditions, rotors can last anywhere from 20,000 – 70,000 miles. If your rotors are warped, your vehicle will pulse or hop when you apply the brakes.
The Value of Genuine OEM Parts
When shopping for Accord brakes, it might be tempting to look at price first and grab some cheap aftermarket replacements. Don’t be fooled, aftermarket parts are cheap because they’re made with flimsy materials. In an essential system like your Accord brakes, it’s important that you only use Honda OEM components.
The benefits of choosing quality OEM replacement parts include:
- Quality – OEM parts are designed in accordance with Honda standards, which means they’re made with high-quality materials and fit your car perfectly.
- Resale Value – Unlike aftermarket parts, OEM ones won’t depreciate your vehicle’s resale value.
- Warranty – All OEM brake components come with a standard 12-month/12,000-mile warranty.
Find Your Honda Accord Replacement Brakes at All Discount Parts
When you’re ready to replace your Honda Accord replacement brakes, come to All Discount Parts. We sell OEM quality brakes at wholesale price and will ship them straight to your door. Contact us online or by phone at (800) 651-4832 if you have any questions. We look forward to earning your business.